Attractions

Attractions

Attractions

Sirogojno is a representation of an old Serbian village from the 19th century and an open museum, which shows the architecture, the living together, the huts and the work of the people in the Dinaric mountain region. On 50 ha of land are 50 huts, which were converted and relocated from the surrounding villages. In it, the former facilities, fire pits and everyday objects can be seen in the original. This project was started in 1980 under the direction of the architect Ranko Findrik and premiered in 2012 by the EU jury as a special cultural-historical site.

Mokra Gora is a town in the municipality of Užice in western Serbia.
At the beginning of the 21st century, the famous director Emir Kusturica set up the Kusturica Drvengrad - Etnoselo or "coastal village" near the Mokra Gora, which separates Serbia and Bosnia. It is built in the typical Serbian ethno style and traditional construction. There was also Kusturica's film "Life is a miracle" shot. A magical place that reflects many aspects of Serbian culture and tradition. The town is also the starting point of the 13.5-kilometer Šarganska osmica museum railway (Šarganbahn), which has been extended since 2005 to Višegrad. The narrow-gauge railway built in 1906 was a strategically important transport route during the wars. She was often the target of enemy attacks. The interest in the narrow-gauge railway as a potential tourist attraction in the structurally weak region led in 1999 to the resumption of the Sarganbahn. The track has a constant gradient of 18% with a minimum radius of 120 m. Between Mokra Gora (boarding station) and Šargan Vitasi (exit station), 20 tunnels pass through and five steel girder bridges are crossed.

Pecina Stopica is one of the most famous caves in Serbia and is located about 19km from Zlatibor. It is a river cave through which flows the Trnavski river. The impressionistic entrance to the cave is 35m wide and 18m high, the length 1691.5m to almost 8000m ². The entrance is at 711m above sea level. The cave consists of five rooms: the bright hall, the dark hall, the large hall with the sinter pools, the channel with the sinter pools and the river channel. In addition to huge stalactites hanging from the 50-meter-high ceiling, impresses a ten-meter-high waterfall, which pours on cascades.

Gostilje Waterfalls is located about 30 km from the center of Zlatibor and has about 400 inhabitants, mainly cattle and fruit farmers. The area offers the best conditions for medicinal herb walks, fishing and hiking. On the river Vrelo is the old mill and right next to the 20m high waterfall.

Rozanstvo is located about 15km from the center of Zlatibor and has about 450 inhabitants dealing with agriculture. In addition, the place for the production of wooden barrels and other wooden vessels is known. Through the village flows the river Pristavica on the right bank of which is probably the best known Serbian cave Stopic.

In the village of Stublo, on the Greze between Cajetina and Priboj, there is the monastery Uvac. In 1994, excavations of the church were found there. The origin and history of the monastery has not yet been discovered. In records from 1622 an entry could be found in which the church was dedicated to the Mother of God. Today, one recognizes the associated pastures of the monastery and knows that the milk was transported via channels to the monastery. In 1995, the monastery and the church were rebuilt and restored and made accessible to the public.

Only 5 km upstream is the small monastery Dubrava. In 2008, this monastery was rebuilt under the assumption that it belongs to the parish monastery of Uvac and thus dated from the 13th century. During the excavations 160 medieval gold ducats were found, which were the common means of payment at that time.

Many old churches in the area show the spirituality and spiritual attitude of the people at that time.

The Brvnara Dobroselica Church is 19 km away in the village of Dobroselica in Zlatibor. Built in 1821, it was dedicated to St. Ilija. The church was built from the well-known Zlatibor pine forest and characteristically also the wooden tower on which the church bell is attached. It is only 8m X 5x and one of the smallest buildings on Zlatibor. The church contains valuable icon carvings of Jesus and Mary Mother of God. Aleksije Lazovic probably made these artworks at the end of the 18th century or at the beginning of the 19th century.

The church in Jablanica is about 25km from Zlatibor and built in 1838, dedicated to Mary Mother of God. Next to it are old wooden houses from 1840.

Church of Sirogojno built in 1764 and dedicated to the apostles St. Peter and St. Pavle. Around the church are the ancient tombs and the museum, Altes D